The Cranky Old Reader

I'm a Goodreads refugee, looking for a new home. Old books for children, science fiction, fantasy, mysteries, and humor are my main areas of interest. I've little interest in books that were written after 1975 or so, and prefer books that are older still. There are, however, a few still-living authors that I respect.

Waiting...

I'm still waiting for any of my reviews to come in. The count's still at zero. I know that I should be patient, but that's rather difficult!

I have to say that I'm not pleased to see all the Amazon.com advertisements here at BookLikes. Of course, avoiding Amazon in this day and age is like avoiding pollution; there's no way to do it completely.

But that didn't mean I was going to let Goodreads jam an exhaust pipe down my throat - and it doesn't mean I like a taste coming from BookLikes, either!

I'm not leaving here, however - not now, anyway. If the choices are between seeing Amazon ads, and being Amazon property, I'll take the ads. But it occurs to me that there may be some way to use the Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox to screen out Amazon ads.

Basic Roleplaying: The Chaosium d100 system (Basic Roleplaying)
Sam Johnson, Charlie Krank